Monday, May 26, 2008
Remembering my baby, who isn't a baby anymore
My big Brendan will be 7 tomorrow. Wow, I am feeling older already. I can't believe it. He used to be my baby and now he is so grown up. Before I know it Aiden will be big too. It's funny to think that 7 years ago tonight I was wondering when my little one was going to come and wondering what he was (I didn't know if he was a boy or girl). I was already past my due date by a couple of days, so I knew I could go into labor anytime. I was at my parent's house and it was a good thing too because the morning of the 27th I woke up about 5am and starting feeling things I thought were contractions. I waited until 7am to wake up my mom and we called the doctor and Erin. Then, we headed to the hospital and I was dilated 4-5cm already so I stayed in the hospital. At 8pm the doctor finally decided that although I was fully dilated that I needed a c-section. So, Brendan was born by c-section at 8:30pm on Sunday, May 27, 2001. Ah, memories. I'm so blessed to have Brendan. He challenges me and he is one of the loves of my life. In fact, he was the first love of my life. He was brought to me by God and though it seemed scary at the time, I now know it was the best thing that could have happened to me. Without Brendan I might never have met honey. Brendan also got me realizing that I needed to be closer to God and that is when I started going to church. Things really do happen for a reason.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment