Thursday, March 31, 2011
The beginning of the story,,,
I found out I was pregnant in June 2010 and in September I found out that I was having another boy. A few weeks before I found out what I was having I started feeling like I was having another boy so I was not surprised when the ultrasound technician told us he was a boy. The baby was not cooperating a lot during the ultrasound so I was sent to a perinatal specialist to have another ultrasound because they could not see a lot and thought his kidneys were enlarged. I was a bit apprehensive about this appointment because I had not experienced any issues with Brendan or Aiden and I had no idea what to expect. At the perinatal specialist I found out that his kidneys were a bit enlarged so I had to follow up later in the pregnancy. The rest of the pregnancy was pretty uneventful, but very tiring. I was a lot more tired than I was with Brendan or Aiden. In December I was referred to a Urologist and found out we would need to have an ultrasound and a VCUG (catheter test) after he was born to see if there was a problem at the top of the ureters by the kidneys or if it was lower by the bladder. This was a bit scary because the urologist told us that if it was by the bladder it would need to be fixed with surgery. We also found out that he was measuring over 5 and 1/2 pounds in December so they said he would probably be a big baby. By the time January came I was ready to be done. I kept thinking that I would have the little man early, but my doctor kept telling me probably not. I started having some small contractions about 2-3 weeks before I was due to have my c-section, but nothing regular. Then, the morning of January 28th came and I started having contractions that felt a lot more regular. We decided to go to the hospital to check it out. I was scheduled for a c-section on January 31st so it was only a few days before that. Sure enough, I was in labor and already 5 1/2 centimeters dilated when I got to the hospital. It was time for the baby boy to be born so they called my doctor and we got ready for the c-section. Carsten Jeremiah was born at 10:30am and was 8 lbs 14oz and 20 1/2 inches long.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment